Note:

In the interest of being better able to keep this list up to date, I'm no longer going to be posting my own synopsis/comments about the books I've been reading. Instead, I'm just going to post the blurb from the cover. To be honest, it takes a lot for me to not like a book, so you can pretty well bet that only the keepers make it to my booklist.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Eternal Lover

anthology

Four paranormal romance stories, all very enjoyable.

First we have The Yearning, by Hannah Howell, about a man and woman who are both affected by different aspects of the same curse. The setting is ancient Scotland, and Sophie Hay must find a way to break the curse before it changes Alpin MacCordy into a monster, for both their sakes.

Next is A Hell of a Time, by Jackie Kessler. This was spicy, humourous, full of action - I loved it. All former succubus Jesse wants is a romantic weekend with her boyfriend Paul. Of course that's not what she gets when they go to a cabin in the woods and the woods start trying to kill her.

Then we have City of Demons, by Richelle Mead. This is another story about a succubus and her boyfriend, although Georgina is still a "working" succubus which means she and her boyfriend, Seth, can't have sex. They travel to L.A. when Georgina is called to jury duty for a most unusual trial.

Finally, we have Bitten, by Lynsay Sands. I gather this is one of her early works, before her creation of the Arganeau Vampires. This vampire tale is a little different than her ususal fare, but is still enjoyable nontheless. I think Keeran's fate is sealed the moment he rescuses Emily from a sinking ship, but Emily has her work cut out for her to convince him of it.

I'm always amazed by the sheer variety and quality of paranormal romance out there. This is another book for my keeper collection, I just need to figure out where I'm going to put it. Dare I say I need yet another bookcase?

No comments: