Note:

In the interest of being better able to keep this list up to date, I'm no longer going to be posting my own synopsis/comments about the books I've been reading. Instead, I'm just going to post the blurb from the cover. To be honest, it takes a lot for me to not like a book, so you can pretty well bet that only the keepers make it to my booklist.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Hot for the Holidays

Jove paranormal, anthology

Okay, I confess, I bought this book because of the hot guy on the cover with the candy cane sticking out of his pants. :-)

Let me tell you, the cover lives up to its promise. These stories (all Christmas themed) were hot enough to melt the polar icecaps.

First we had the Vampire's Ball, by Angela Knight. This story is set in her Mageverse, but you don't have to be familiar with it to make sense of the interaction between Kat Danilo (Lancelot du Lac's illegitimate daughter) and Ridge Champion.

Next we have A Little Night Magic, by Allyson James. After a two-year absence from Naomi's life, Jamison Kee returns, bringing secrets and trouble in his wake. Try as she might, Naomi finds him hard to resist, even when it puts their lives in danger.

Then we have Sweet Enchantment, by Anya Bast, a Yuletide tale of the Sidhe court centering around Bella and Ronan, and their fight for survival, freedom, and happiness.

Finally, we have A Christmas Kiss, by Lora Leigh. This tale is set in her "Breed" universe, and again, you don't have to be familiar with it to make sense of the story. Hawke is one of the genetically enhanced Breeds, who believes that Jessica is destined to be his mate. First he has to clear her name, then he has to convince her before he can claim her.

No comments: