Note:

In the interest of being better able to keep this list up to date, I'm no longer going to be posting my own synopsis/comments about the books I've been reading. Instead, I'm just going to post the blurb from the cover. To be honest, it takes a lot for me to not like a book, so you can pretty well bet that only the keepers make it to my booklist.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Moon Kissed

by Michele Hauf

I'm a little pickier when it comes to buying Silhouette Nocturnes than I was with the Silhouette Shadows series, but this was money well spent.

Belladonna Reynolds' life is turned upsidedown when she's out for her nightly run and suddenly finds herself the target of a group of vampires. She runs straight, literally, into the arms of a werewolf, who saves her but then begins to stalk her as well.

Severo has good reason to hate vampires, and claims he's not stalking her, but trying to protect her, especially from the vampiress who's turned Bella's best friend into a vampire.

Severo believes that Belladonna could be his mate, and it doesn't take him long to convince Bella of this as well. And then one tragic night Bella is bitten by a vampire and turned. Though Severo still loves her, he fears what the wolf in him will do to her the next full moon.

This book was very hard to put down once I started it. I loved the characters of Bella and Severo - Bella went through so much in such a short time, and yet she comes out on top. And Severo's struggle with his past is heart-breaking to watch, yet you can't stop.

My only complaint was that the book had to end.

No comments: